What Are the Types of Marble Available in Arizona?
Marble is a fantastic option when it comes to stones. They are beautiful to look at, and add a touch of class sophistication to your home or office building. That’s why a lot of places in Arizona prefer to use marble.
One of the biggest advantages of marble is that, it can make anything look good. From hallways to bathrooms, everything looks like a work of art with marble. Plus, you also get to choose from a wide variety of colors and patterns as well.
However, before you go about choosing your marble in Arizona, you will need to known what are the different types of options available. Knowing your options will help you make a better decision.
Various Types and Styles of Marble
In Arizona, Marble stones are generally classified into 3 categories, with regard to composition. They are:
- Magnesium: Magnesium based marble stones contain anywhere between 5 to 40 percent of magnesium.
- Dolomite: Dolomite marble stones are comprised of 40 percent magnesium carbonate.
- Calcite: These marble stones have less than 5 percent magnesium carbonate.
As for styles and patterns, you can get the following marble stones in Arizona:
- Calacatta: Calacatta marble stones have vein like patterns that are very noticeable and are generally white in color. They also have warmer hues compared to other varieties.
- Carrara: Carrara is very similar to Calacatta and the two are often confused to be the same. However, Carrara is much whiter and lighter than Calacatta. In fact, it is the lightest of all the marble stone varieties. Carrara is very often used in Roman and Greek sculptures.
- Breccia: The unique factor in Breccia marble is that each stone has it’s own unique color and pattern. However, these patterns and colors usually tend to lean towards the darker side, with deep reds and browns.
Like a lot of other stones, Marble is quite porous, which means, it needs maintenance in order to keep it looking good. For this, you will need to get in touch with a proper marble maintenance service in Arizona.
A Arizona based marble maintenance service can carry out various maintenance services such as marble cleaning, marble polishing, and marble sealing. This can help increase the longevity of the marble and also prevent them from getting damaged or stained. Ideally, the maintenance service can be carried out once in a year.
Give us a call today for more information or to schedule an appointment!